This community is no contest, it's a challenge. Every month, twice a month you are challenging yourself to make graphic art episode by episode of the hit TV show, Desperate Housewives. Twice a month an episode will be given for members to create icons, banners, wallpapers, vids, whatever they feel like, however many they feel like. Starting from the very beginning working our way through each episode, each season, all the while experimenting with styles, learning from each other but most of all, HAVE FUN! I don't think I can stress that point enough.
As stated in the very first sentence, dh__challenge is no contest. No voting will be done and the only awards that will be given out will be Mod's Choice.
Mod's Choice? Each episode, anyone that submits more than one thing in their post for a given episode will receive a banner for the icon/graphic that the moderator liked best out of their submissions.
1) All icons, wallpapers, graphics, and vids must pertain to the current episodic challenge. This means you can't incorporate images from other eps or promotional pictures into your work, even if we've already covered that episode.
2) Comment, comment, comment!!! We all love to know our work is appreciated, even if people don't take our stuff. So always comment any time you feel moved to say anything (but be nice about it), even if you want to offer suggestions.
3) Credit: give credit where credit is due. Let people know where you got your caps, your brushes, your fonts. And if you take anything, be sure to follow the poster's rules for their art. This means no stealing. Stealing is bad, and you will be kicked out for doing so.
4) If you're posting, please indicate in your post your rules. Be specific, so that there's no confusion. If your stuff's display only, let us know. If it's up for grabs, let us know. Customizable? You got it: let us know.
5) Personal journals: You want to link to your journal? Great!! But please, follow these rules:
a) give us some sort of teaser, let us know what we're looking at.
b) indicate in your link that we're going to your journal, and if it's friends-only, this must also be indicated in the link. Oh, and one more thing: please link directly to the post itself, rather than just your journal. See, when you first post the icons, people will see that entry at the top, but as time goes on, anyone going through old posts won't see those icons at the top of your LJ, cause you know, it's an old post.
6) LJ-Cuts: Please use an LJ-cut if you post more than three icons, and if you have graphics bigger than a thumbnail preview, use a cut here as well. This is to make the comm more modem-friendly. Also, if there's a chance your work contains questionable material (language, character-bashing, slash, lude text, whatever), please also indicate this in the cut as well. There's a variety of ages roaming these halls, and we want to offend as few as people as possible.
7) See something you really like, but aren't sure how to do it for yourself? Try a couple things:
a) ask the artist. Chances are, they can give you lots of tips.
b) Check out the comm icon_tutorial. Icon tutorial has quite an extensive memory archive and is worth checking out.
c) master index over at icontutorials. ragingquietly is a legend for creating a visual index to make it easier to find the effect you want and it saves a hell of a lot of time browsing through the memories. If you're lazy like I am this is the perfect method.
8) Hotlinking is a BIG NO, NO. Don't do it. EVER. If you need to display graphics of any kind, get yourself an account at PhotoBucket. They're easy, and best of all, free. And yes, this holds true if you want to nominate something. Some people have to pay for their bandwidth, and we don't want to cost them money, even if it is to show off their lovely work.
9) Confused about these rules? You can find more info in our FAQ. Then, if you're still confused, or have more questions, just ask the moderator. She'll be happy to clarify anything you need.
Think I missed so good quality resource sites? firstname.lastname@example.org.
So far I'm still trying to locate websites will good quality screencaps so if you know of any please email me: email@example.com.
This community is moderated by: contessa